DC Beane and Associates Construction Company (DCBA), a Boston-based construction management and general contracting firm, seeks Safety Superintendents to join our growing team.
DCBA possesses large project experience while offering the dexterity and service capabilities of a smaller firm. Our clients come from a wide range of industries, including international pharmaceutical, insurance, and healthcare companies; commercial real estate firms; cultural institutions; universities; and national nonprofits. Our team has undertaken fit-outs, upgrades, and renovations in occupied laboratories, museums, offices, hospitals, commercial buildings, sophisticated research centers, and large cGMP pharmaceutical manufacturing plants.
Safety Superintendents oversee DCBA’s Safety Program on jobsites and in the office. They must communicate clearly and frequently with subcontractors, clients, superintendents, and project managers. Their responsibilities, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify and raise awareness of potential jobsite hazards
- Conduct regular on-site safety audits and make sure all issues are brought to the Project Team’s attention
- Communicate safety requirements to DCBA subcontractors
- Provide training (e.g., CPR, crane safety, etc.) to DCBA employees
- Manage project-related documents
- Coordinate site inspections
- Respond to and resolve unforeseen challenges
- Provide project planning support to Superintendents and Project Managers
- Create site and client-specific safety training for Project Teams
- Stay informed about applicable changing safety legislation, laws, and standards, and disseminate new information to the company
- Ensure that all incidents are investigated, documented, and resolved
- Attend monthly Safety Committee meetings
The Safety Superintendent is a full-time position. Benefits include health, dental, and short-term and long-term disability insurance; 401K program; and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays. DCBA is housed in a beautiful historic building on the Charlestown waterfront. Employees enjoy summer cookouts on our large deck and exceptional views of the Boston skyline. We foster a congenial work environment, professional growth, and long-term career development.
- Degree in Safety and Occupational Health or a related field
- OSHA 10 Certificate (OSHA 30 preferred)
- First Aid, CPR, AED Certified
- Pedagogical experience training construction professionals
- Must be able to climb permanent and temporary stair and ladders
- Must be able to move freely through work areas under construction
- Must have close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
- Travel to jobsites around New England
- Current driver’s license with a clean driving record
- 2-5 years in a Construction Safety Role Preferred
- OSHA 510 Occupational Safety & Health Standards for Construction Certification
DCBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job titles and our generous compensation packages reflect employees’ experience.